Since the organization's inception in Sierra Leone, the dedication of its Board, staff and volunteers have immensely contributed towards the following achievements:
- Active involvement in the Sierra Leone Truth and Reconciliation Commission hearings and testimony gathering processes for the final launch of the Report in 2006.
- YPPD has also worked with various partners including Democracy Sierra Leone, National Democratic Institute and the International Foundation for Elections Systems in the electioneering processes in Sierra Leone in 2007 and 2008.
- Establishment of Regional Focal Points for YPPD in Sierra Leone
- International Youth Days Events 2007, 2008 +………..
- With supports from institutions like the Alert Fund in the Netherlands, United Nations Development Program and other institutions like GCAP, YPPD has been playing key roles towards the commemoration of the day like: Youth Dialogue Forums and Processions which usually attract thousands of youths across the country.
- With supports from the UNDP Africa Office, the organization launched a campaign on MDGs No. 3 and No. 5 in Sierra Leone on 9th April 2009 which brought together government representatives, CSOs, NGOs and faith-based organizations, across Freetown,
- Promotion and development of Life-Skills for vulnerable youths
- Training in leadership skills
ENGAGEMENT WITH THE AFRICAN UNION
- Africa-EU Dialogue: The Africa-EU Strategic Partnership, a Joint Africa-EU Strategy CSO Consultation in Nairobi, where YPPD was well represented
- YPPD sent a delegate to the Technical Experts Meeting on the African Volunteer Corps Programme in Nairobi, Kenya, from 17-19 July 2008. This is a follow-up to the two Experts meetings held in Nigeria and Senegal in 2007.
- Through the Commission of the African Union and CIDO, an Experts Workshop on Mapping of African Civil Society Organizations was convened where YPPD was invited in Nairobi, Kenya, from 29-31 May 2009.
- Youth Rep at the International Conference on renewable Energy for Africa, jointly organized by the African Union, UNIDO, German Foreign Ministry, and the government of Senegal in 2008
- Accredited by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development to designate three delegates to the UNCATAD XII in Accra Ghana 2008
- The organization also participated in the Turkish-African CSO Forum under the title of "Cooperation and Development" which was organized by TASAM (Turkish Asian Center for Strategic Studies) African Institute in Grand Cevahir Convention Center, Istanbul- Turkey on 14-16 August 2008.
- In January 2008 the organization was nominated by the Global Call to Action against Poverty (GCAP) to the West African GCAP Planning Forum in Burkina Faso, where the YPPD delegate was among the seven-man team that delivered a communiqué to the Government of Burkina Faso.
- In reflecting young people's interest in financing for development, YPPD was accredited by the Real Aid Network to participate in the Aid effectiveness forum and High Levels in Accra Ghana in September 2008
- The organization was given an award by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) at the African Campaigners' Retreat in Kampala, Uganda for vital contributions made towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) campaign in Sierra Leone.
- Awarded by the UN-HABITAT as beneficiary to the Opportunities Fund for Urban Youth-Led Development.
LEGITIMATE/MEMBERSHIP STATUS OF YPPD
- Registered with the government of Sierra Leone through the Ministry of Social Welfare, Gender and Children's Affairs
- Member of the Social Development Commission of USTKIP COMMISSIONS
- Paid-up and registered with the CIVICUS Alliance for Citizens participation
- Member of the African Union ECOSOCC
- Registered with the Freetown Human Rights Committee of the UNIOSL Human Rights and Rule of Law
- Registered and Coordinating Agency for the Children and Youth Taskforce of the Global Call to Action Against Poverty in Sierra Leone
- Accredited with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Member of the International Youth Foundation and the African Youth Foundation
- Accredited with the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD XII)